A place for all things knitting related -
help, advice, reviews, techniques & humor.


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Homemade Banana Nut Bread

On Sunday I decided to make may favorite - Banana Nut Bread.  I thought that someone else might too.   So, I decided to share my secret recipe.  It really is delicious.  Give it a try!




You will need:

2 c unbleached all purpose flour
3/4 c Sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 c walnuts crushed ( I use about 2c b/c I love them)
3 very ripe banana's
1/4 c plain yogurt (I use organic but any will do)
2 eggs
6 tbls melted butter
1 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease the bottom ONLY of a loaf pan.

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.   In another bowl mash the banana's then add to them yogurt, eggs, butter, vanilla.  Lightly fold the banana mixture into dry ingredients until just combined and batter looks chunky.

Add to loaf pan and cook for 55 minutes.  Let cool for 5 minutes.
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment