A place for all things knitting related -
help, advice, reviews, techniques & humor.


Monday, July 5, 2010

Coming Along Nicely

I can't believe that it has been this long since I posted lasted.  I have been so busy working on my new line of toys for my other store PreciousKnits.  I have taken some time recently to work on crocheting.  I am determined to learn this craft.  It will allow me to make a variety of things that I can not make knitting.

I have been trying to make granny square's since last year. My mother-in-law tried patiently to teach me but I just could not grasp it.  I recently bought a few beginner books and decided to start at the beginning and work through the book.  A totally new concept for me.  I usually pick something out and try to make it.  Then I get frustrated because I haven't learned the stitches that are involved.   After frogging back more times than I care to share,  I finally did it!  I made 8 squares so far.  Eventually, this will be a pillow sham for my couch.  Yes, I am actually going to be making something for myself that I intend to keep.  Shocking!

I have been obsessed about these squares because I have lots of little bits of yarn.  They are too small to knit anything with but perfect for granny squares or crocet in general. If you are a crafter you understand why we just can not throw out the littliest scrap of yarn, paper, fabric, whatever.  I mean sometime down the line, maybe years from now, you may find a use for it.  After all there is nothing wrong with it.

I am so proud of myself!  Patting self on the back!  Well back to work I go! Print this post

2 comments: